Senior Process Engineer
Salary: £39,375 (Inclusive of £4,375 shift premium)
Working a rotating shift pattern: 39 hours, Mon to Fri 06:50 -15:00 and 14:50 – 23:00.
Additional benefits include monthly bonus, paid overtime, free onsite parking, subsidised canteen and additional offers.
Rittal is the world’s largest manufacturer of enclosures for the electrical, electronic and IT markets.
At our UK engineering and manufacturing facility in Plymouth Devon, Rittal-CSM is currently looking for Senior Process Engineers to join our busy Process Engineering team.
Reporting to the Industrial Engineering Manager, the responsibilities of the Senior Process Engineers will include:
- Leading a small team of engineers on shift to support all aspects of manufacturing. This includes New Product Introductions (NPI), capital expenditure projects, continuous process improvement, manufacturing layouts, implementing automation to drive efficiencies.
- Ensuring that existing and new processes and machine centres have sustained capabilities against process control indices.
- Undertaking a lead role in New Product Introduction projects taking into account all aspects of layout, material flow, PFMEA etc using standardised lean principles.
- Continuing to develop skill set through continuous professional development.
- Supporting the Industrial Engineering Manager to achieve the team’s aims and objectives.
- A minimum of HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Flexibility around working hours.
- A Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of high volume sheet metal fabrication processes including bespoke machinery, robotics and fig/fixture design.
- Working knowledge of Siemens PLCs would be advantageous.
- Experience of implementing processes in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Work well as part of a close-knit team.
- Be flexible and proactive.
- Experience in a similar role within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Access to our recognition and reward portal, providing discounts at over 850 retail stores.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Company pension scheme and Life Insurance.
Rittal UK holds the prestigious Investors in People Silver award and are committed to the training and development of all their staff. As such this is an excellent opportunity for successful candidates to build a long-term career with a Global Company.
Rittal-CSM was recently voted the 2019 Manufacturer of the Year at the Western Morning News Business Awards.
To apply, please submit your CV.