Salary: £56,964 made up of basic salary of £50,635 + 12.5% rotating shift premium
Working two-week rotating shifts (0650-1500 and 1450-2300)
39 hours per week Monday to Friday
Annual performance related bonus of up to £5,000
Relocation package available
Who are we?
Part of the Friedhelm Loh Group, Rittal operates worldwide across 18 production sites and 78 international subsidiaries employing more than 11,000 people.
As the leading provider of industrial and datacentre enclosure systems our products and technology underpin global brands in industry, electronics, gaming, internet search engines and international social media networks.
At our facility in Plymouth, Rittal-CSM employs around 550 people involved in a wide range of Engineering and Manufacturing activities.
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager to join our team and help lead, manage and develop one of our Production Shifts.
What does the role involve?
As the Operations Manager on shift, you will have overall responsibility for a production shift of around 120 people involved in a wide range of production activities including sheet metal operations, powder coating and assembly work.
You will be expected to lead and manage the shift to achieve a series of key performance indicators including Health and Safety, Productivity, Quality and On-time delivery.
To assist you in this you will have direct line management of a team of Group Leaders, and you will work closely with support functions such as Maintenance, Industrial Engineering, Quality and Human Resources.
You will report to the Manufacturing Manager, who is a member of the senior management group.
What qualifications and experience do I need?
It is essential that you have:
- Experience of working in a similar role managing >50 people.
- A strong engineering and / or manufacturing background.
- Management and / or business training and qualification.
- Personal drive and ambition to achieve challenging objectives.
It will be an advantage if you have a:
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification (NEBOSH or IOSH)
- Relevant engineering qualification at degree level.
- Management or business qualification at level 5 or above.
- Record of developing people at supervisory level.
- Strong working knowledge of Lean process improvement and problem solving.
- Knowledge of CNC Machining, Welding, Automated Coating Systems and / or Assembly Operations.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A record of leading, managing and developing people within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- The ability to build effective working relationships at various levels of an organisation.
- Excellent communication skills especially the ability to listen and bring about a positive resolution to issues.
- A methodical and process driven approach to their work, applying recognised systems and procedures to overcome problems and achieve targets.
- The sense of urgency and ownership required to achieve challenging targets in difficult circumstances.
- The personal traits that will support their position as leader and role model for all the members of their production shift.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Holiday trading policy, where you can purchase up to 5 days additional holiday per year.
- Career development support including access to company sponsored further and higher education courses.
- Family health support and insurance package through Westfield health.
- Retail discount package through Westfield Rewards.
- Company Life Insurance and Pension scheme.
Career development routes from this role include more senior management positions in Operations, secondments or permanent moves to other engineering / manufacturing departments and the opportunity to undertake relevant technical and academic training and qualification.
Rittal UK holds the prestigious Investors in People Silver award and are committed to the training and development of all their staff. As such this is an excellent opportunity for successful candidates to build a long-term career with a Global Company.