Salary: £45,000 – £50,000
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Shift Pattern: Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:30, Friday 08:00 – 15:30
Location: Plymouth, UK (hybrid working/remote working in UK will be considered)
Rittal-CSM is the largest manufacturer of enclosures for the electrical, electronic and IT markets. With dedicated, highly motivated and skilled staff, Rittal-CSM have achieved market dominance through commitment to providing its customers with excellence in every respect.
At out UK engineering and manufacturing facility in Plymouth, Devon, Rittal-CSM is currently looking for a mechatronics engineer or similar for the development of low voltage (DC) power distribution systems for data centre infrastructures.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the duties include:
- Development and design of electromechanical components and products in the field of low-voltage technology.
- Thermal and mechanical simulations of power distribution systems (busbars)
- Developing innovative solutions in cooperation with other specialist departments
- Development and support of digital data models (digital twin)
- Technicial product support from design through to series productionn
- Gathering documentation and making presentations
- Active support of prototype construction and subsequent monitoring of tests
- Proficiency in designing and developing products for mass production settings
- Supporting mechanical engineering team as required
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Completed studies or training in mechatronics, electrical engineering or a similar qualification
- Experience in low voltage DC distribution systems
- Experience with national and international regulations
- Experience in the mangement of thermal and mechnaical simulations
- Knowledge of data models in 3D
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent