Rittal is the world’s largest manufacturer of enclosures for the electrical, electronic and IT markets.
With dedicated, highly motivated and skilled staff, Rittal has achieved market dominance through a commitment to providing its customers with excellence in every respect.
At our UK engineering and manufacturing facility in Plymouth Devon, Rittal-CSM is currently looking for a Process / Industrial Engineer to join our busy team.
Reporting to the Head of Industrial Engineering the responsibilities of this role will include:
- Ensuring that existing processes and/or machines that are improved have the sustained capability to World Class status measured against Process Capability Indices.
- Ensuring that any new processes and/or machines that are implemented are capable to specified Process Capability Indices, prior to bringing into our own manufacturing process and are implemented strictly in line with the Manufacturing Strategy and Company procedures.
- Undertaking a lead role in New Product Introduction projects taking into account all aspects of layout, material flow etc using standardised lean principles.
- Identifying, taking ownership of, facilitating, supporting and encouraging continuous improvement activities within manufacturing.
- Continuing to develop skill set through continuous professional development to support the successful implementation of the Manufacturing Strategy.
- Supporting the Head of Industrial Engineering to achieve the team’s target.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of high volume sheet metal fabrication processes including bespoke machinery, robotics and fig/fixture design.
- Working knowledge of Siemens PLCs would be advantageous.
- Experience of implementing processes in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Work well as part of a close-knit team.
- Be flexible and proactive.
Personal objectives will include:
- A CPK value of 1.33 on all existing critical processes/machines and any other new processes/machines.
- To ensure procedures are adhered to which maintain capability of processes/machines.
- To undertake process capability improvements that help towards achieving ‘zero defects’.
- To identify, carry out and facilitate improvements in OEE performance.
- Access to our recognition and reward portal, providing discounts at over 850 retail stores.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Company pension scheme which will match your contributions up to 5%.
Rittal UK holds the prestigious Investors in People Silver award and are committed to the training and development of all their staff. As such this is an excellent opportunity for successful candidates to build a long-term career with a Global Company.