Salary: Starting from £36,000
Shift Pattern: Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:30, Friday 08:00 – 15:30 (flexibility considered)
Rittal is the world’s largest manufacturer of enclosures for the electrical, electronic and IT markets.
With dedicated, highly motivated and skilled staff, Rittal has achieved market dominance through a commitment to providing its customers with excellence in every respect.
At our UK engineering and manufacturing facility in Plymouth Devon, Rittal-CSM is currently looking for a Process / Industrial Engineer to join our busy team.
Reporting to the Head of Industrial Engineering the responsibilities of this role will include:
- Ensuring that existing processes and/or machines that are improved have the sustained capability to World Class status measured against Process Capability Indices.
- Ensuring that any new processes and/or machines that are implemented are capable to specified Process Capability Indices, prior to bringing into our own manufacturing process and are implemented strictly in line with the Manufacturing Strategy and Company procedures.
- Undertaking a lead role in New Product Introduction projects taking into account all aspects of layout, material flow etc using standardised lean principles.
- Identifying, taking ownership of, facilitating, supporting and encouraging continuous improvement activities within manufacturing.
- Continuing to develop skill set through continuous professional development to support the successful implementation of the Manufacturing Strategy.
- Supporting the Head of Industrial Engineering to achieve the team’s target.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of high volume sheet metal fabrication processes including bespoke machinery, robotics and fig/fixture design.
- Working knowledge of Siemens PLCs would be advantageous.
- Experience of implementing processes in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Work well as part of a close-knit team.
- Be flexible and proactive.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,750.00-£40,425.00 per year