Manufacturing Manager: Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Director, the responsibilities of the Manufacturing Manager will include:
- The effective leadership and management of all Production areas (Sheet Metal, Paint and Assembly) with a total of approximately 300 staff.
- Health, Safety and Welfare within the Production departments.
- The achievement of output targets including delivery, quality and productivity.
- Effective Management of workload against capacity.
- Close liaison with Customer Services and Customers to provide excellent levels of service.
- As a Member of the Senior Management Team, working effectively with the full range of internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications & Experience:
General education, knowledge and experience relevant to this role:
- Strong Engineering background.
- Minimum qualification HNC in Production or Mechanical Engineering (Electrical Engineering would be considered).
- Management / Business qualifications at level 5.
- Experience of managing in a multinational company.
- Experience of managing more than 200 staff.
Production Management Knowledge and Experience relevant to this role:
- Sheet metal, metal cutting, forming and welding.
- Knowledge of paint application processes an advantage.
- High and low batch quantities.
- MRP, Lean Manufacturing (Kanban, SMED, TPM, Continuous Improvement).
- SPC and statistical process capability.
- Modern process experience essential: CNC machinery, robot welding, automation, etc.
Engineering Management knowledge and experience relevant to this role:
- Production engineering, planning and new product introduction.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of improving manufacturing operations.
- Proven improvements of HSE, delivery reliability, productivity and quality.
- Experience of developing a strong team ethos.
- The ability to coach and mentor team members towards high–performance.
- Strong capability for problem solving and organisational change.
- Computer literacy.
Attributes required for this role include:
- Exceptional leadership capabilities.
- A methodical and thorough approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Relationship building.
- The ability to work effectively while under pressure.
- Self-reliance / Self-starter.
- Effective team-working.
- Creative thinking.
- A high level of resilience.
- The ability to resolve issues and push through to successful conclusions.
39 hours per week Monday to Friday
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: £65K + Performance related bonus.
- Relocation package within the UK available
- Family Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance and Defined Contribution Pension
- Access to our recognition and reward portal, providing discounts at over 850 retail stores.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
Founded in Herborn, Germany in 1961, Rittal is now the largest company in the Friedhelm Loh Group. It operates worldwide across 18 production sites and 78 international subsidiaries employing more than 11,000 people.
A leading global provider of industrial and datacentre enclosure systems, our products and technology underpin global brands in industry, electronics, gaming, internet search engines and international social media networks.
At our facility in Plymouth, Rittal-CSM employs around 500 people carrying out a wide range of Engineering and Manufacturing activities.
Rittal UK holds the prestigious Investors in People Silver award and are committed to the training and development of all their staff. As such this is an excellent opportunity for successful candidates to build a long-term career with a Global Company.