Maintenance Manager, Plymouth
Rittal is the world’s largest manufacturer of enclosures for the electrical, electronic and IT markets.
At our UK engineering and manufacturing facility in Plymouth Devon, Rittal-CSM is currently looking for a manager to lead maintenance activities within our fast-moving, 24 hour a day manufacturing environment, including sheet metal, powder coating and assembly.
Rittal-CSM was recently voted the 2019 Manufacturer of the Year at the Western Morning News Business.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the responsibilities of the Maintenance Manager will include:
- Ensuring adherence to all legal and organisational health and safety requirements
- Leadership, Management and Development of 16 multi-skilled Engineers
- Working with the Operations department to achieve challenging, daily production targets
- Delivery of complex departmental and business improvement projects
- Delivery of departmental KPIs including machine availability targets
- Effective management of key resources including plant, equipment and spares
- Effective management of key processes including TPM, Planned Maintenance and OEE
- Facilities management
- Developing effective working relationships with external suppliers
Qualifications & Experience:
- IOSH qualified and / or extensive experience of working within H&S systems and procedures
- Minimum of Level 3 / HNC in Electrical Engineering
- Fault diagnostics in mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrics, electronics and PLCs
- Training and use of formal problem solving activities such as 8D
- Supervisory experience within a fast paced, multi-shift manufacturing environment
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Technical expertise in a wide range of maintenance activities.
- Commercial acumen.
- The ability to lead and motivate a team of maintenance engineers.
- The drive to achieve challenging objectives and targets.
- A proactive and flexible approach to work combined with a “can do” attitude.
- Systematic problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
Working Hours & Benefits:
39 hours per week Monday to Friday.
- Access to our recognition and reward portal, providing discounts at over 850 retail stores.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Life Insurance and Defined Contribution Pension.
Rittal UK holds the prestigious Investors in People Silver award and are committed to the training and development of all their staff. As such this is an excellent opportunity for successful candidates to build a long-term career with a global company.