Rittal-CSM Ltd, Plymouth
Standard Shift (08:00 – 16:30) – £39,578
Continental day shift (07:00 – 19:00) – £53,430 (With shift premium) + Bonus
Continental night shift (19:00 – 07:00) – £60,554 (With shift premium) + Bonus
Continental working pattern: 12 hour shifts (3 on 3 off, 2 on, 2 off)
There is an option of either of the above shifts, however other shift patterns are available, and we would also consider qualified but less experienced maintenance people keen to undertake further training and career development.
Who are we?
Part of the German owned Friedhelm Loh Group, Rittal works closely with global information technology providers, and is the world leader in the design and manufacture of high-quality data centre racking systems and electronic enclosures.
Rittal-CSM Ltd is our UK engineering and manufacturing facility situated in Plymouth, not far from the Dartmoor National Park and the beaches and coastal scenery of South Devon and Cornwall.
Established in the local area for more than 40 years, Rittal-CSM employs over 650 people on site. Our manufacturing facilities include a wide range of CNC piercing and folding machines, lasers, automated welding systems, robotics, a large, automated powder coating plant and Assembly lines.
Due to continuing growth and on-going investment in new plant and equipment, we are currently looking for skilled and experienced maintenance engineers to join our existing team.
What will you be doing?
- Preventative and corrective maintenance activities.
- Systematic fault finding and repair of technical failures.
- Undertaking improvement projects and tasks.
- Supporting the Maintenance Management team.
To join us, you will need to demonstrate a high level of competence in the following areas:
- Working safely is our top priority, so you will be required to demonstrate knowledge and experience of safe systems of work within a maintenance engineering environment.
- You will have completed a maintenance engineering apprenticeship or equivalent and have gained experience working within a multi-functional, fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- You will have very extensive technical knowledge and be able to carry out systematic fault diagnosis and repairs on a wide range of systems including electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic.
- You will be able to prioritise your workload to ensure the timely completion of breakdown repairs and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Most importantly, you will need to be a committed and supportive member of the team.
What are the benefits you can expect if you come to work at Rittal-CSM?
- We recognise that changing jobs is a big step, so for this role we will provide new employees with a one-off £1,000 settling in bonus. For those moving to the Plymouth area a generous relocation package is also available.
- Our basic salary package is highly competitive, and in addition we offer generous premiums for working shifts and overtime. There is also an individual bonus for good attendance and another for overall factory performance.
- We offer 33 days holiday (Including Bank Holidays) pro-rata for continental shift patterns, and this can be increased to 38 days within our holiday trading policy.
- Career development is one of our core values, so you can expect a high level of technical training, sponsorship to gain further and higher education qualifications and for those not already at the highest levels, advancement through our engineering salary structure.
- Other benefits include free on-site parking, subsidised staff restaurant, family Medical and Mental Health support scheme, retail discount package and Pension with free Life Insurance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £44,531.00-£57,671.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Relocation assistance
- Store discount
- Wellness programme
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Yearly bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- PLYMOUTH: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: One location