Location: Plymouth, UK
Salary: £40,402 + monthly bonus
Shifts: 15:00 – 23:00
You will be part of a well established team maintaining all site plant and equipment including Power Presses, laser cutting, punch machines, automated production lines, robots, paint plant and assembly lines.
Rittal is an international company based in Plymouth for over 30 years as a world leader in the manufacture of enclosures and cabinets for the IT infrastructure.
- Apply problem solving and continuous improvement, recommend and implement improvements to maximise equipment availability, performance, reduce repetitive operator tasks, improve quality and reduce waste.
- Analyse downtime faults and causes and create effective PPM and TPM activities.
- Fault diagnosis and repairs on electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems.
- Prioritise workload to ensure prompt response to breakdowns and completion of PPM to schedule.
- Record all activities on CMMS
- Electrical installations, improvement project work, and Technical assistance to the Industrial Engineering dept
- Ensuring all work performed is in compliance with all aspects of the Health & Safety at Work legislation and the company Health & Safety policy
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- High levels of responsiveness and proactivity.
- The ability to build productive working relationships.
- An excellent communicator through all levels of the organisation
- Effective prioritisation and decision making within a fast paced and demanding environment
- Able to work as part of a team when required to get the task done, also with the ability to self-direct and motivate when working alone
Qualifications and experience:
- Possession of ONC or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Completed apprenticeship (NVQ Level 3) in appropriate engineering discipline
- Experience working within a processing, manufacturing or similar environment
- Awareness of Health & Safety regulations
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft office systems
- Knowledge of electrical control and safety systems. With a logical approach to fault finding.
- Experience of PLC programming, able to make minor modifications to ladder logic.
- Experience of variable speed motor control systems. Inverter / servo drive
- Monthly bonus scheme
- Christmas bonus
- Flexible working
- Annual open days and events
- Strong support in training, development and advancement
For more information about the job, or to discuss things like our flexible working policy or salary, please don’t hesitate to contact Ameera on 01752 207944 or message directly.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,402.00 per year