Are you talented, enthusiastic and driven? If the answer is yes, then we are looking for people like you to join our team on an engineering internship.
You could be based in one of our design teams working with experienced engineers on our latest innovations. Or we may even put you on a project management placement where you’ll be liaising with multiple teams. You could even be tasked with improving processes and implementing key robotics within our manufacturing environment.
No two days will be the same!
Development Opportunity & Experience
During your time with us, we’ll help you develop a diverse variety of skills, whilst giving you a chance to work with encouraging and knowledgeable professionals. This will give you an extensive range of experiences for you to take back to university, and furthermore, to help you further develop your career.
You will be providing support to real projects and will be required to apply knowledge gained while studying in a practical way.
The challenging tasks will involve communicating with other team members to gain information before completing objectives and examining outcomes.
Qualifications & Experience
What you’ll need:
- Working towards a Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) related degree minimum of 2:2.
- Aptitude and interest in engineering.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, both written and verbal.
- Ability to solve technical problems.
- Computer literacy with the ability to use MS Office.
- SAP experience desirable.
Competencies we look for:
- Achieving high performance.
- Continuously improving.
- Customer focus.
- Exceptional team member.
- Personal: self-awareness and confidence.
- Technical: analysis, judgement and problem-solving.
- Self-motivated with lots of drive and enthusiasm.
- Able to use own initiative to achieve overall objectives.
- Able to work under pressure and achieve challenging deadlines within an environment of changing priorities.
- Highly responsive with strong customer focus.
- Thorough, seeing job through to completion while maintaining high standards.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for our industrial placements is £20,000 per annum and will attract a company bonus based on the productivity, quality and delivery performance of the business.
We also offer:
- Overtime paid at time-and-a-half Monday to Saturday with double time on Sundays.
- All Rittal employees have access to My RiWards, our on-line recognition and reward portal. This gives you and your family access to discounts at over 830 retail stores. Typical annual savings range between £500 and £1,000.
- You will receive 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays per annum.
- We also provide a subsidised staff restaurant where a meal costs £2.25, free parking and free work-wear.
Rittal UK holds the prestigious Investors in People Silver award and are committed to the training and development of all their staff. As such this is an excellent opportunity for successful candidates to build a long term career with a global company.
To apply for this position, please use the button below and attach a copy of your CV and cover letter.