Industrial Engineering Manager, Plymouth
Rittal is the world’s largest manufacturer of enclosures for the electrical, electronic and IT sectors. Rittal-CSM, our UK engineering and manufacturing facility in Plymouth Devon, is currently looking for a manager to head up its Process and Industrial Engineering department.
Rittal-CSM was recently voted Business of the Year and Manufacturer of the Year at the Western Morning News Business Awards 2019.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the responsibilities of the Industrial Engineering Manager will include:
- The Leadership, Management and Development of a team of 6 Industrial Engineers and 2 Apprentices
- Ensuring that existing and new processes and machine centres have sustained capabilities against process indices
- Taking responsibility to investigate and resolve process related problems within production
- Taking the lead role in implementing annual manufacturing based capital expenditure projects
- Undertaking a lead role in New Product Introduction projects
- On-going personal and professional development
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Level 3 in Supervisory Management and / or extensive experience of managing engineering teams
- Level 3 in Health and Safety Management and / or extensive experience of managing health and safety in an engineering and / or manufacturing environment
- Experience of project management and process implementation within a production facility
- A Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Level 5 in Supervisory Management
- Experience of high volume sheet metal fabrication processes including bespoke machinery, robotics and fig/fixture design
- Working knowledge of Siemens PLCs would be advantageous
- Experience of implementing processes in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative
- Communicate effectively at all levels
Working Hours & Benefits
39 hours per week Monday to Friday
- Access to our recognition and reward portal, providing discounts at over 850 retail stores.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Company pension scheme.
Rittal UK holds the prestigious Investors in People Silver award and are committed to the training and development of all their staff. As such this is an excellent opportunity for successful candidates to build a long-term career with a global company.