Rittal is the world’s largest manufacturer of enclosures for the electrical, electronic and IT markets. With dedicated, highly motivated and skilled staff the company has achieved market dominance through a commitment to providing its customers with excellence in every respect.
The company was the “stand-out winner” at the Plymouth Business Awards 2019 with two awards for ‘Large Business of the Year’ and the ‘Apprenticeship Development’ award.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resource and Employee Development Officer to join our HR team and support the 500+ staff we currently employ.
Key Aims of Human Resources for Rittal-CSM & Rittal Ltd
- To be an active partner in planning and supporting the achievement of key business objectives with particular focus on organisational development within the Investors in People framework.
- To protect the company and all its employees by providing expert guidance, ensuring adherence to legal requirements and by actively promoting and supporting recognised best practice.
- To provide an excellent, customer-focused HR service, including the provision of accurate and timely information supporting business planning and decision making.
You will give advice, guidance and support on a wide range of HR related disciplines, supporting managers in line with company policies and best practice whilst ensuring that you have a sound grasp of employment legislation. You will also assist the Human Resources and Employee Development Manager in maintaining our Investors in People Silver status.
You will ideally have experience working in a manufacturing environment. You will be involved in a wide range of activities, so you should be able to demonstrate experience of providing professional and effective HR support. You will have experiences in a generalist HR role and be able to develop positive and supportive relationships with all our internal and external stakeholders.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Working effectively as part of the Human Resource and Central Services teams, supporting both Rittal CSM and Rittal Ltd.
- Contributing to the planning of the HR process in support of organisational aims and objectives.
- Professional advice, training and support to line managers and employees on HR and Staff Development issues, ensuring this is in line with employment legislation and company policy.
- Actively supporting the organisation’s drive to develop superior levels of employee engagement.
- Employee relations issues such as absence management, discipline & grievance, occupational health and family friendly working practices.
- Maximising the contribution HR makes throughout the organisation both through own efforts and through supporting, developing and mentoring others.
- Close liaison with line managers concerning the recruitment, induction and training of technical and operational staff members.
- Ensuring HR policies and procedures are updated in line with changes in company needs and employment legislation.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitudes
- Current HR legislation and how this can be effectively deployed throughout the organisation.
- Resilient and able to work effectively in pressured situations.
- Ability to build strong rapport / trusted relationships across the business.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- IT literate (knowledge of SAP advantageous).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, flexible, self-motivated and able to drive activities through to conclusion.
- Minimum of three years’ experience within a generalist HR role.
- Level 5 CIPD or equivalent qualification
- Membership of the CIPD (Paid by Company).
Rittal-CSM Ltd holds the prestigious Investors in People Silver award and is committed to the training and development of all its staff. As such this is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to build a long term career with a global company.
Other benefits include, 25 day’s holiday + Bank Holidays, free parking, free staff uniform, subsidised staff restaurant and contributory pension scheme matched by the Company up to 5%.