We are currently looking for a Head of Industrial and Process Engineering at Rittal-CSM, our award-winning manufacturing facility in Plymouth.
Day-to-Day Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the responsibilities of the Head of Industrial Engineering will include the leadership and management of a team of industrial engineers whose responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that existing processes and/or machines that are improved have the sustained capability to World Class status measured against Process Capability Indices.
- Ensuring that any new processes and/or machines that are implemented are capable to specified Process Capability Indices, prior to bringing into our own manufacturing process and are implemented strictly in line with the Manufacturing Strategy and Company procedures.
- Taking responsibility to investigate and resolve process related problems that occur in production.
- Taking the lead role in implementing the manufacturing based capital expenditure projects each year; delivering them on time, on budget and to the required process capability measures.
- Undertaking a lead role in New Product Introduction projects taking into account all aspects of layout, material flow etc using standardised lean principles.
- Identifying, taking ownership of, facilitating, supporting and encouraging continuous improvement activities within manufacturing.
- Continuing to develop skill set through continuous professional development to support the successful implementation of the Manufacturing Strategy.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Level 3 in Supervisory Management.
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent.
- Experience of leading a team of Engineers in a similar environment.
- Experience of project management for implementation into a production facility
- A Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Level 5 in Supervisory Management.
- Experience of high volume sheet metal fabrication processes including bespoke machinery, robotics and fig/fixture design.
- Working knowledge of Siemens PLCs would be advantageous.
- Experience of implementing processes in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Be flexible and proactive.
Working Hours & Benefits
- Access to our recognition and reward portal, providing discounts at over 850 retail stores.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Company pension scheme which will match your contributions up to 5%.
Rittal UK holds the prestigious Investors in People Silver award and are committed to the training and development of all their staff. As such this is an excellent opportunity for successful candidates to build a long-term career with a global company.