Design Engineering Apprenticeship
Rittal is the world’s largest manufacturer of enclosures for the electrical, electronic and IT markets.
With dedicated, highly motivated and skilled staff the Company has achieved market dominance through a commitment to providing its customers with excellence in every respect.
We have an exciting opportunity for anyone wishing to kick-start their career with an Apprenticeship in Design Engineering. Studying with City College Plymouth, you will be able to earn while you learn – becoming a valued member of our workforce in the process.
- Do you have a strong aptitude for Mechanical Engineering?
- Do you take a proactive approach to work and learning?
- Do you have the ability to work effectively as part of a fast-moving team?
If you answered yes to the above, then this could be the apprenticeship for you!
The apprenticeship programme has been designed to provide candidates with comprehensive training in Mechanical and Design Engineering.
Your day-to-day activities for this role would include:
- The design and development of new products.
- Drafting detailed drawings.
- Working close with the project management and support
- Supporting testing and writing test reports
- Continuous improvement projects.
During the apprenticeship, you will also learn:
- The Design and Development of New Products
- Use of Design tools such as DFMEA
- Participation in Design Reviews.
- Incorporating Design for Manufacture & Assembly into the Design
This is a full, 4 year Advanced Apprenticeship programme run in conjunction with City College Plymouth.
- Level 2 / GCSE in Maths, English, Science, ICT, Resistant Materials, Engineering and Manufacturing at grade C/4 or above.
The interview process will include an informal interview and factory tour, a 2-day work experience trial, aptitude testing in Maths, English and Engineering run by City College Plymouth and a formal final interview.
The starting rate is £6.54 per hour with incremental rises on completion of the various apprenticeship training stages.
Rittal-CSM Ltd hold the prestigious Investors in People Silver award and are committed to the training and development of all their staff. As such this is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to build a long-term career with a Global Company. Many of our apprentices have gone on the gain Foundation Degree and Degree level qualifications and hold senior positions within the Rittal organisation.
Other benefits include, 25 day’s holiday + Bank Holidays, free parking, free staff uniform, subsidised staff restaurant and contributory pension scheme matched by the Company up to 5%.
To apply please visit the City College website and click the apprenticeship vacancies tab.