Design Engineer: Role & Responsibilities
The Design Engineer role offers an excellent opportunity to join a highly skilled team, in a varied and technical role, and will suit candidates from any design background who are confident dealing directly with customers.
The job will suit candidates from any design background who are confident dealing directly with customers.
- The Design Engineer role will involve the design and development of metal enclosures.
- Working directly with customers to establish their requirements and the management of individual projects day to day.
- You will be responsible for all mechanical aspects of the design including static load, dynamic load and vibration.
- You will need to be confident working from customer specs as well as creating designs from scratch.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- The design and development of new products: primarily but not exclusively mechanical and sheet metal.
- Development of effective working relationships with Rittal customers who are household names in the IT and Social Media networks.
- The use of design tools such as DFMEA and Six Sigma tolerance analysis.
- Participation in design reviews.
- Speaking directly and regularly with customers to establish their needs and update them on their projects.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- BEng in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience using Creo & Windchill software or Autodesk Inventor &Vault.
- Knowledge of Electrical or Cooling systems design would be an advantage.
Rittal is the world’s largest manufacturer of enclosures for the electrical, electronic and IT markets.
With dedicated, highly motivated and skilled staff the company has achieved market dominance through a commitment to providing its customers with excellence in every respect.