We are looking for a Design Engineer to join our busy team at Rittal-CSM, our UK engineering and manufacturing facility in Plymouth.
Reporting to the Design Manager, day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- The design and development of new products: primarily but not exclusively mechanical and sheet metal.
- Development of effective working relationships with Rittal customers who are household names in the IT and Social Media networks.
- The use of design tools such as DFMEA and Six Sigma tolerance analysis.
- Participation in design reviews.
Qualifications & Experience
The following qualifications and experience would be an advantage:
- BEng in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- Use of Creo 3 and / or Inventor CAD.
- Working in a Design Office within a Sheet Metal manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Electrical or Cooling systems design.
- Incorporating design for Manufacture and Assembly into Engineering Design.
This job is ideally suited to someone who is able to:
- Work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Work well as part of a close knit team.
- Be flexible and proactive.
Salary £28,000 – £30,000 + Company Bonus (c. 10%)
39 hours per week Monday to Friday
Other benefits include: 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, free parking, free staff uniform, subsidised staff restaurant and contributory pension scheme matched by the Company up to 5%.
Rittal-CSM holds the prestigious Investors in People Silver award and is committed to the training and development of all its staff. As such this is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidates to build a long term career with a Global Company.