Controls Engineer (Maintenance)
Location: Plymouth, UK
Shift: 08:00 – 16:30
Due to growth, Rittal-CSM have a new opportunity for a Controls Engineer to join the Maintenance team on a permanent basis.
- Apply problem solving and continuous improvement, recommend and implement improvements to maximise equipment availability, performance, reduce repetitive operator tasks, improve quality, and reduce waste.
- Identify obsolete components and source alternatives. Design modifications to enable upgrades.
- Design new control panels, build panels and install on machinery
- Maintain and apply a level of technical expertise across the site, sufficient to act as a point of reference for team members & colleagues, to resolve complex problems of repair/fix and give technical direction.
- To support the introduction of new machinery from specification to Rittal-CSM standards through to FAT
- Analyse downtime faults and causes and create effective PPM and TPM activities.
- Contribute to problem solving workshops, providing automation expertise to identify root causes of failures and the subsequent improvement actions
- Sourcing and procurement of spare components
- Maintain back ups of all control systems parameters and programs. PLC, HMI, drives, inverters, etc
- Review and document machinery PUWER, safety RA, SOP’s, etc
Qualifications and Training:-
- Completed apprenticeship (NVQ Level 3) in appropriate Electrical engineering discipline
- Possession of ONC or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- High level of PLC, HMI programming.
- High level of motion control set up and commissioning.
- Safe working practices within an engineering environment.
- Experience in Control / Automation Engineering.
- Design of safety related functions and control circuits.
- Building of control panels